New Zealand Import Regulations
Ship to New Zealand - Main Port
- » Shipping Destination Port
- ⇒ Aucland, Wellington, Lyttelton, Nelson
- » Age Restriction
- ⇒ A light vehicle less than 20 years old cannot generally be registered unless. it has been issued with a permit issued by the NZ Transport Agency (NZTA).Vehicles must have three model codes i.e. `AAA`, `CBA` etc. from 2005 onwards.
- » Steering
- ⇒ Right ( only use for private left steerings are allowed )
- » Road Worthiness Inspection
- ⇒ JEVIC and MAF inspections are required to be done in Japan before importing to New Zealand.
- » Other Restrictions
- ⇒ Vehicles with accident history are prohibited.
- ⇒ Vehicles with tampered odometer are prohibited.
- ⇒ Vehicles with rust or rusty body or chassis are prohibited.
- » Import Taxes Rates
- ⇒ GST (Goods and Services Tax) : CIF price x 15% http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/factsheets/44/docs/44-importing-motor-vehicle.pdf
Japanese Used Car Import Ranking ↓